Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Favourite Transmog Sets : Death Knight Edition

My Death Knight is one of my favourite alts. She makes farming dungeons a breeze, with her Howling Blast of doom. I also enjoy player dress-up with her, even though she doesn't like it all that much. 

Like a lot of people, I'm fond of the class' starter gear, which can be bought back in Ebon Hold, but I wanted to use some more fancy gear sets for her. I was able to get my hands on one set of each color (blue, red and  green, for all three of the Death Knight's specs.) and even a second blue one. They might not be very original, but I love these sets nonetheless.


Blood

This set is, by far, my favourite. It is the DK's tier 12 set. I got it while I was raiding in Firelands, what feels like a lifetime ago. The boots drops in Firelands or can be crafted, and the belt can be bought for gold at honored reputation with the Avengers of Hyjal. Although the boots are Bind on Equip, so you might be able to grab them on the Auction House. Here, I am using two heroic Obsidium Cleaver.

Even though I don't have a blood spec at the moment, I do like to sport this set when I dps. I use the Hellscream's Reach Tabard (which can be bought with 40 Tol Barad Commendations when you reach honored reputation with the faction) simply because I think the colors match really well together.


Unholy

This one is my latest "acquisition". I had most of the pieces since my time in Firelands. Having six bosses on heroic mode on farm for a while, I was able to upgrade most of my gear to heroic versions of the previous set, except for the chest. I thought I had deleted it by accident, but no, I just never got the token off Alysrazor. So I went to the Auction House to find something to match this color. The Adamantite Breastplate looked perfect, but was a bit too expensive for my taste, so I farmed the ore and the primals myself, and had my blacksmith craft it. 

For the belt, I used the Acherus Knight's Girdle, which is invisible. It saved me the trouble of finding one that matched, as there are no existing belt for this particular set. The heroic version of the boots does exist however, and drops off Beth'tilac. Unlike the normal version, the heroic ones are not Bind on Equip. 

Her two-hander mace, which can't be seen well on the above picture, is the Pit Lord's Destroyer


Frost
This set is the first set I ever "created" for my DK. It is mostly the DK's tier 11 set, with Pauldrons of the Great Ettin (which are a warrior tier shoulders lookalike, I believe), Belt of the Ferocious Wolf, and Woe Breeder's Boots. It was the first set my DK used, and I like the feel of it. I use the Frostwolf  Battle Tabard with, because I love the colors. I want to eventually get the tier shoulders, since they would fit a lot better, but I lack the motivation to go back in Bastion of Twilight to try to get it.


Frost 2.0

Last but not least is gear from Dragon Soul, tier 13. I didn't like this set all that much at first, but it grew on me. Here I am using mostly pieces from the normal version, except for the belt and gloves, which are from the Raid Finder, and the boots were bought with Valor Points. Her weapons here are two Hand of Morchok.

There are a couple other plate sets I love, but I use them on my paladin. 

But that is for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment